# Integrating with Agoric Network
cosmos-sdk. Cosmos-sdk is software that provides the widely-used Tendermint/CometBFT consensus and best-in-class support for chain operations like staking and governance. For simplicity of chain integration, the Agoric Network works identically to the Cosmos Hub, except using different parameters (e.g.,
ubld instead of
# TL;DR for Cosmos-experienced
This section points at relevant reference documentation for the underlying
cosmos-sdk and CometBFT/Tendermint consensus engine, and summarizes the differences.
The Agoric Network currently uses
cosmos-sdk v0.45. The general Cosmos documentation for this version can be found here (opens new window), including structure and
golang documentation, and REST API documentation.
Use the v0.45.1 version of the REST API (opens new window) for accessing the chain. To use the "Try it out" functionality, change the Base URL to
# Chain resources
- The base network entry points for the Agoric chain are specified in the network config (opens new window).
- Additional chain information, including tokens and their logos, gas fee information for wallets, additional entry points, and explorers is maintained in the Cosmos Chain Registry (opens new window).
- The source code for the Agoric Network runtime and contracts is in the Agoric open source repository (opens new window) on GitHub.
- The base unit for staking is
uatomfor Cosmos Hub)
- The command utility of the agoric chain is
simdfor the Cosmos Hub (opens new window)).
agd command line tool can be built as described in the Agoric getting-started documentation (opens new window). The linked step builds
agd. To confirm that
agd is in your
agd version --long
- How are transactions encoded? https://docs.cosmos.network/v0.45/core/encoding.html
- What data is needed to create a transaction (last block hash, nonce, sender public key, etc.)? https://docs.cosmos.network/v0.45/core/transactions.html#transaction-generation
- What data is signed and how is that data obtained (for example truncated SHA256 of transaction data)? https://docs.cosmos.network/v0.45/core/transactions.html#transaction-generation
- Do transactions expire? Transaction do not expire unless you specify --timeout-height: https://docs.cosmos.network/v0.45/core/transactions.html#transaction-generation However they do have a sequence number and may be invalidated if another transaction with the same sequence number is processed by the chain
- How are addresses generated? https://docs.cosmos.network/v0.45/basics/accounts.html
- How is the blockchain queried? JSON-RPC, gRPC, REST https://docs.cosmos.network/v0.45/run-node/interact-node.html